Monday, December 20, 2004

Just a dusting of snow last night

We had just a dusting of snow last night but oh, that wind! It gusted as high as 32 knots at the Manteo airport during the wee hours of early morning, all the way snowing sideways. What stuck was fine and dry and drifted easily. The ocean was very angry and a cloud bank hung out there over the water for half the day even though the sun was shining on land. The differential in the air/water temperature created a mist/fog over the water that was spooky looking. I did not venture out in the subfreezing winds to get that picture from the beach since I'm about 3/4 sick, but this one from my deck gives you an idea. I did sent my other half out to the beach for a quick pic. Down to low twenties again tonight, before rising to over 60 again on Wednesday, THEN the weather stations are hinting at SNOW for Christmas day! No wonder we are all sick!


No comments: