Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday afternoon...

and it is very cold here on the Outer Banks. I've spent too much of my day looking at webcams throughout Florida and the Caribbean. It's driving me crazy. I think some of you out there dream about the Outer Banks when you are not here, wishing you could be here no matter the season. I think if you were actually here in the midst of winter in a nor'easter you would probably think twice about wishing you were here, but I understand the sentiment. So what do we do at a time like this when you really can't just get up and go to your favorite place? You surround yourself with memorabilia of the places you love and try your damnest to simulate the experience. For me it's island music and neon pink glowing flamingoes, and tropical drinks, and beach pix on the computer screen. How about you? Comments are easy to make here. Just click the "comments" button at the bottom of the column and scroll down til you see the "Post a comment". You can post as anonymous if you want. I don't mind. Or join as a member and get a screen name.

Oh and PS... I've just decided I WANT an infinity edge pool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is an infinity edge pool?
Yes, I agree. The Outer Banks seems like it would be great weather wise all year for us that don't live there. However, reality is there are storms called nor'easters that stir up that ocean and send the waves crashing onto the sand. Have been there for 2 storms and I will take a snowfall anyday....ummm well 2 inches max!!!
I have a picture on my computer that has a small amount of snow with about a dozen crocuses blooming. Groundhogs day is right around the corner! Come on Spring!!!

Terri