Sunday, August 28, 2011

At first light

Even more trees came down after dark in my yard. No house damage though. The radio is a nonstop blur of reports of damage. Water got to neck deep in front of Manteo Booksellers last night. In Nags Head all the jetskis at those two watersports business were left just up on land, and are now all over the bypass. The causeway to Nags Head of course was completely underwater. There is a truck stuck there which tried to turn around last night, and the water completely covered it at one point. I saw the fire dept going out about 7pm in their deuce and a half, probably to rescue the driver, among others.
There was flooding in places that people did not expect, so there will be major cleanup and lots of damage.
Off to assess what I can of my various business assets today and of course take lots of pics. Will report when I return.

No comments: