Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Windy and cool today

Another northeast wind is upon us. Temperature is 54 but it feels much colder. Tonight is to be the coldest night so far this fall. I don't know how much more the beaches can take this winter. Someone recently asked me if this weather is unusual and were we having more rough ocean days this year. The answer is no. This is fairly typical for late Oct. early Nov. Also spring time. There's usually two really brisk several-days-long northeasters' a year, if not more. I've been watching houses fall into the ocean in south Nags Head for two and a half decades now. I've seen complete lots lost and taken off the property tax records. I've seen the lots behind those lost as well. This may well be the year of the "third" row oceanfront losses.

No comments: