Friday, February 11, 2005

It must've been really cold...

It must've been really cold up north last weekend, because I got LOTS of rental reservations. For me at least, it is turning out to be a super good season. I've got more reservations confirmed and paid than ALL the weeks we had rented last year. I was curious as to when you folks up there in the frozen north typically make your reservations? When it's really cold and snowing outside does it prompt you to think of the Outer Banks and the warm summer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first snowfall after Christmas, especially if it is a weekend, which means we are housebound, we usually dive into all those rental catalogs and dream of warmer days on the beach.

Anonymous said...

With the popularity of the OBX anymore, it's a good idea to make reservations early, especially if you know where you want to stay. I've found a place oceanfront in Killdevil, and to be sure I was able to reserve the week I wanted, I made my reservation for the end of August in December. The place is nearly booked solid at this point.

Anonymous said...

since we have found a house that we like on the beach...wereserve the house as we check out. deposit due in october, balance in june, but it's usually paid off in january/february...only 155 days for me...yahoo!!!