Saturday, July 02, 2005

Traffic "normal"

This hyping of the Outer Banks as one of the worst spots for traffic snarrels is just that.... hype. It is no worse than it has been in the last five years. It is no worse on the fourth of July weekend than on any other weekend in the mid summer. I kinda get tired of the posters on other boards constantly reporting on the traffic like it's a new event, and of the Weather Channel reporting this as if it never existed before! It is summer, and everyone, just like you, wants to be HERE! So there's a bit of traffic, big deal! I have had people who live in DC and New York tell me this is NOTHING compared to what they deal with on a daily basis. I guess I get a bit tired of those who want to "Doomsay" the Outer Banks, because in the end, it will do no good. Many, many will come, and we will be GLAD to have them here!
And oh yeah, the fourth of July is NOT THE busiest week here. When I was in the rental management business, it was not unusual at all to have a few vacancies on the week of the Fourth. The busiest time is mid to late July, when EVERY house is filled and the retailers and restaurantuers are HAPPY!

No comments: