Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Typical, usual summer week here

There's not a whole lot exciting going on down here right now. It's the typical hot hazy summer weather with many visitors on the road. I try to stay home as much as possible to avoid the traffic. Did try one new restaurant this week and suffice it to say, once is enough, so I won't mention it by name. Might be fine for some, but not for me, and not for most of the visitors looking for nice seafood dinners.
Traffic is heavy but no worse than any other year.
I did hear the funniest complaint from a rental guest this week that I've ever heard:
This was through another rental agency, by word of mouth.
The guest called in about the noise outside around their cottage and wondered if the agency could do something. Upon investigation it was noted that they were westside near a swamp and the bullfrogs were singing their hearts out! I believe the agency said they had no control over the frogs. Goes to show what some will complain about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your site by accident a few months ago. I was searching the web for places to stay at the Outer Banks. I have since bookmarked it and visit almost everyday to see if there's anything new! My wife and I have fallen in love with the Outer Banks since visting there a few years back.It is Heaven on Earth to us. We intend on living there someday after the kids are grown. We hope to come down later this month and stay a few days.

So, thanks for keeping your site going.It's the next best thing to being there!

Anonymous said...

We live in Buxton woods, that renter oughta hear the bullfrogs down here......