Thursday, August 25, 2005

Beautiful weather

The weather is absolutely gorgeous today. A light east, northeast wind, exception clarity to the air, and just cool enough to be very pleasant. I must say that there seems to be still a large number of tourist here for this time of year. The roads are still packed and the restuarants still very busy. I can't tell that there has been ANY lessening to the crowds just yet. That is unusual for this late into August. The retailers should be happy this year.
Our schools started back today, so the buses and parents had to work around the visiting population. We have been blessed this year not to have any "tropical" visitors (hurricanes) so maybe the shoulder season this year for tourism will still be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! I will be down in 5 days myself for a much needed vacation. I hope the weather continues to be nice. But even if it were to rain all week it wouldn't matter, I'm still where I want to be! Have a great week! Angie V.