Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Rainy and yucky today

I haven't been out on the highway over on the beach yet, but today traffic coming into Manteo was backed up to the Midway intersection barely moving. Yucky day so everyone goes shopping! I know retailers pray for rain! I have to go up the beach later today and I'm sure traffic will be horrendous. But we are glad all these visitors are here! Traffic in the summer here is just a fact of life.

Update at 6:45pm: Made it up and back. Got up to an amazing 29 mph in French Fry alley on the return trip! Good going!

Foodlion: re comment: I have not had a really bad problem in the stores this year. For some reason they have been fairly slack of traffic when I've been there, and no, I don't go at 1:30 in the morning! Ususally Saturday afternoon at 5 pm, believe it or not, at the Southern Shores Marketplace store is NOT bad at all! The Nags Head store and Kill Devil stores always seem to have more traffic to me at all hours than the Marketplace store, but then that shopping center is going down anyway, due to the management's decision to run all small businesses out and have only national chains there. Foot traffic is WAY down there. Okay, off the soap box!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must confess. I went to the Food Lion today in Southern Shores for about ten items. Even the Express Line was backed up 20 deep. I stood there wishing for cold weather. Do you suppose Food Lion or Harris Teeter would open a grocery store for locals only?......sighhhhh........why can't the realtors stock the cottages with a weeks worth of groceries????????????