Saturday, May 07, 2005

S. Nags Head today at Indigo

Someone asked about the Indigo Beach access in S. Nags Head and how the beaches fared during this latest battering. There was some loss of beach and the newly built and planted berms. The usual hotspots of Surfside and Seagull were the worst. A lot of water line and some electric cables were broken in those areas. These two pics were taken at the Indigo beach access for the requester. To answer your question, no, the access has not been repaired. The parking lot has been planted in beach grass so I assume that means no vehicles. The walkover still has no stairs and is marked closed. There is no beach there at high tide anyway.

I am working on a webpage with many more shots of this morning in S. Nags Head and will get that up sometime today. Not sure when as I have to go do another job in just a few minutes! Stay tuned.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for going out of your way to answer my question...Looking forward to more pics.

Outer Banks Native said...

You are quite welcome. See the new webpage above. It has a couple more pics of the beach at Indigo.

Anonymous said...

This is a great site! I love being able to see my favorite place on earth when I'm not physically able to be there. How has the beach in Kill Devil fared with all these storms? I rent a little place about a mile north of Avalon Pier each year. From your ariel pictures, it looks like it's doing alright, but I was wondering if there has been any major change.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of anything significant happening in Kill Devil Hills. I rarely get over to the beach road when I go blazing by there, but I'll see if I can swing over there sometime this week and take a peek for you.

Anonymous said...

That's very generous of you. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

For KDH info you may want to check this site: http://www.kittyhawkfreepress.com/index.htm